The east coast has been hit with yet another snow storm, which equals parents everywhere slowly losing their minds while trying to entertain cooped up kids.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with a few great ideas for snow day activities. Check them out below:
1. Make your own paper snowflakes. Here’s a tutorial for ones that are so pretty, you’ll want to leave them hanging up on the walls.
2. Build a blanket fort or pillow mountain.
3. Play beauty salon. Break out the supplies for DIY mani/pedis or try a new hairstyle – we love this braided heart do. Don’t forget to hold a fashion shoot!
4. Have some eco-friendly fun turning plastic bottle lids into silly and scary Monster Magnets.
5. Throw an impromptu dance party with these family-friendly pop songs – you’ll burn off your kids’ extra energy and get a great workout. Here are some family-friendly pop tunes.
6. Try out this snow cream recipe (just watch out for yellow snow!)
7. Homemade playdough is always a big hit with little ones.
8. Make Glitter Easter Eggs, so what if you’re a little early?
9. Turn a milk jug into an elephant hat.
10. Have breakfast for dinner and try one of these yummy pancake recipes (there’s even one for pancake cupcakes!)
12. Make some last minute Valentines for your child’s friends and classmates.
13. Break out the board games for some good old fashioned fun.
14. Lean in to the cold weather and whip up a batch of “Frozen” Hot Chocolate.
15. Turn old nuts and bolts into funky mother/daughter bracelets.
16. Find your inner zen with a family yoga sesh. (Check out some tips for doing yoga with your kids.)
Do you have any great ideas to add to this list? Share them in the comments section!