These little monsters sure are cute, almost as cute as our own little monsters.
They can be filled with just about anything from mac n’ cheese to spaghetti!
- 4 green peppers, cored, seeds removed (save the top of the pepper)
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- Zucchini slices and black olives (for the eyes)
Pre-heat oven to 350F. Slice top of pepper off, leaving stem intact, set aside.
Clean pepper and season with salt and pepper. Saute onions in the olive oil until soft.
Add the beef and all the seasonings and cook until done. Taste and re-season.
Cool slightly. Stuff peppers and replace the top of pepper back on.
Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove, cool and decorate! Yum!
To assemble eyes and mouth: use tooth picks to adhere to pepper after it comes out of the oven. REMOVE THE TOOTHPICKS BEFORE THE CHILDREN BEGIN TO EAT!