10 Tips for Trampoline Safetyby ModernMom Staff
Do your kids love to bounce around in the backyard? Trampolines are super fun and can also be a great way to exercise.
But it's important for children to stay safe while they're playing on the springs.
To keep little jumpers from getting any bumps, bruises or broken bones, always follow these important tips from Springfree™ Trampoline:
1. One at a time please - Multiple jumpers increase the risk of injury from collision. Statistics show that with more than one simultaneous user, the smaller/lighter of the two is almost always the one sustaining an injury.
2. Don’t flip out - Untrained jumpers run the risk of landing awkwardly.
3. Avoid roughhousing - Some kids love to play rough and tumble, but this type of behavior can result in injury.
4. Let Fido watch from the ground - While the family pet may love to have a turn, this can cause collisions and damage to the trampoline.
5. Keep it clean - Trampolines should be void of foreign objects. Any new object introduced to the trampoline is another potential “hard surface” that can result in injury.
6. Stand watch - Keep an eye on children and inexperienced jumpers while they are on the trampoline.
7. Steer clear - Do not allow children or pets underneath the trampoline while someone is jumping.
8. Stay in control - Stay in the center of the trampoline. If you deviate during jumping, stop and move back to the center.
9. Practice safety before and after - Aid jumpers in safely entering and exiting the trampoline.
10. Talk it out - Discuss the importance of trampoline safety with your kids, and tell them about the risks of not using it properly.