Cory Monteith Died From Heroin And Alcohol Overdose

474px-cory_monteith_2_2011.jpg

“Glee” star Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol, according to the British Columbia Coroner’s Service.

“There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most tragic accident,” the coroner’s office said in a statement.

The 31-year-old was found dead in his hotel room in Vancouver on Saturday afternoon by hotel staff after missing his checkout time. 

Monteith talked bluntly about his past struggles with substance abuse and addiction. In a 2011 interview with Parade magazine, he said he was “lucky to be alive.” 

In March, he checked into rehab with the support of his girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele. At the time, a source told People, “Lea is an excellent influence on him. She’s good for him. She’s really calmed him.”

Monteith completed his treatment program in April and seemed to be doing much better.

In fact, just two days before his death, he had dinner with his manager and Maureen Webb, co-founder of Project Limelight Society, who said he “looked so good, so healthy.”

Photo source: Wikipedia

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply