The following is a guest post by Linda Sovich, Major Mom Liberator
Fall is a great time of the year to get organized for the holidays, before everything gets too hectic. The following fall organizing tips from the experts at Major Mom are sure to help get you started on the right track for the upcoming season:
1. Start with the entrance closet by replacing the pool bag, flip flops and windbreakers with coats, hats and winter boots. If you left the winter clothes in the closet all summer then it is a good time to purge what no longer fits or makes you feel good on.
2. Time to change all the beds in the house with flannel sheets and extra blankets. This is also a good time to purge all the linens you did not use over the summer.
3. Replace the summer clothes with the winter clothes. Depending on the space in your home, you can remove the summer clothes and transfer to another closet in the home that is not used frequently or if space is limited use canvas box organizers to replace summer clothes with winter clothes. You can put these boxes on the floor or on a shelf above.
4. Replace your air filter so your heating unit will work properly throughout the winter months.
5. Place the pool toys, garden tools etc up high to make room for the winter gear and sleds etc. Use hooks and shelving to organize your garage.
6. Have a service come in and blow out your sprinklers so your pipes don’t burst during the winter.
7. Time to put a scraper, hand warmers, mittens, hat and small shovel in your car trunk before the snow arrives.
In conclusion, fall is a great time to get organized and eliminate unnecessary stress during the holiday season.