Guilt-Free Decadent Valentine's Day Dessertby The Nutrition Twins
It’s that time of year again - the day when we all scramble to make those extraordinary plans for our significant others and for our kids to show just how much we care about them.
Valentine’s Day. And if you're the type who waits for the last minute, you might be feeling a little bit of stress trying to find the perfect gift or make those wonderful romantic plans.
But don't fret! We've got a great pie recipe that you can feel good about giving it to your family and you can indulge in a slice without guilt! It's sure to impress. Because when it comes to dessert on Valentine’s Day, chocolate is king (for us, chocolate isn't only king on Valentine's Day!). And we're always looking for new waist-friendly chocolate recipes. This is the perfect treat to enjoy with those you love - without ruining your New Year's Resolution!
Triple Chocolate Pie
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Start to finish time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Makes 10 servings
- 1 package (1.4 oz) fat-free, sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 of a package (8 oz) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 of a container (8 oz) frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1 (6 oz) chocolate-flavor crumb pie shell
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or Cascadian Farm® frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated semisweet chocolate
1. In a medium bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the 1 ¾ cups of milk. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
2. Place cream cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% (high) for 15 seconds; stir. Microwave on 100% (high) for 15 seconds more. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 15 seconds. Add half of the pudding mixture; beat until smooth. Add the rest of the pudding mixture; beat until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread mixture in pie shell. Chill 4 to 24 hours, or until set.
3. Top individual servings with the remaining whipped topping, raspberries, and grated chocolate.
Nutritional Information: 1 slice: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 320mg; Protein 5g % Daily Value Vitamin A 2; Vitamin C 6; Calcium 10; Iron 4
This is one of our favorite recipes. (We found it at www.eatbetteramerica.com)
Do you have any healthy Valentine’s Day desserts that you make? Do they include chocolate?