Tips to Liven Up Tired Eyes
by Cyvia Lewis
Simple is sexy when it comes to makeup, even when you're trying to camouflage tired-looking eyes. Avoid heavy eye makeup applications when you need to lift your eyes. The last thing tired eyes need is something to weigh them down. Here are some tips to liven up those tired eyes.
(1) Brighten Eyes with White Shadow
A small amount of pearl shadow or white eyeliner can brighten up your eyes.
• Dab the pearly white liner or shadow right in the corner of your eye by your tear duct.
• Add a touch just under your brow bone to perk up and make your eyes seem more open.
• Be sure to blend carefully.
(2) Cover Dark Circles
Dark circles are the most obvious sign of tired eyes.
• Use a concealer that has yellow or peach tones to it.
• Choose concealer that is one to two shades lighter than your foundation.
• Some cosmetic companies produce concealer specifically for the eye area.
• If your skin is on the dry side or more mature - try a concealer that contains a moisturizing ingredient.
• Put a tiny amount on your finger or a concealer brush and dab it onto the circles under your eyes. Press it gently into skin, don't rub.
• Set with loose powder.
• Avoid blue-toned eye shadow and liner it can make your dark circles look worse.
• Keep away from shadows that contain blue hues like periwinkle, lavender, purple, navy or plum. Blue-toned eye shadow can emphasize the circles, make them look darker or even cause raccoon eyes.
(3) Cheer Up Your Eyes
To make your eyes look happy and well rested;
• Place a cheery color of eye shadow on your lid.
• Spring-like pastels, like sunny yellows, and grassy greens will brighten up.
• Keep liner and shadows from extending too far out from the corner of your eye and dropping.
• Application should be an upward motion, think of a check mark (outer corner towards brow).
• Placement here is crucial to create a lifting-effect for those sleepy eyes.
You can also try Sleep Doctor to help reduce puffiness after a long night!
Too Old for Training Wheels!
Nice Things You Say That Really Annoy Me
Awkward First Playdates
The World's Toughest Moms Raise the World's Toughest Kids
5 Scary Birth Control Side Effects You Shouldn't Ignore
New Puppy Parent Anxiety
Brooke Burke-Charvet: Dancing Out Of The Ballroom - DWTS
20 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Had Kids
The Terrible "Kid Food" Advice I Still Regret Taking
5 Beautiful DIY Projects Made From Boring Household Items
Mr. Peabody & Sherman: Meet Your New Favorite Movie Dog Dad
Almost-Instant Chicken Fajitas
How To Do Yoga With Your Kids
How Much Time Do You Spend On Your (Facebook) Appearance?
New Tra-Dish: Easy Awesome Meat Sauce
Don't Ask Me, "So, When Are You Having Kids?"