Tips to Liven Up Tired Eyes
by Cyvia Lewis
Simple is sexy when it comes to makeup, even when you're trying to camouflage tired-looking eyes. Avoid heavy eye makeup applications when you need to lift your eyes. The last thing tired eyes need is something to weigh them down. Here are some tips to liven up those tired eyes.
(1) Brighten Eyes with White Shadow
A small amount of pearl shadow or white eyeliner can brighten up your eyes.
• Dab the pearly white liner or shadow right in the corner of your eye by your tear duct.
• Add a touch just under your brow bone to perk up and make your eyes seem more open.
• Be sure to blend carefully.
(2) Cover Dark Circles
Dark circles are the most obvious sign of tired eyes.
• Use a concealer that has yellow or peach tones to it.
• Choose concealer that is one to two shades lighter than your foundation.
• Some cosmetic companies produce concealer specifically for the eye area.
• If your skin is on the dry side or more mature - try a concealer that contains a moisturizing ingredient.
• Put a tiny amount on your finger or a concealer brush and dab it onto the circles under your eyes. Press it gently into skin, don't rub.
• Set with loose powder.
• Avoid blue-toned eye shadow and liner it can make your dark circles look worse.
• Keep away from shadows that contain blue hues like periwinkle, lavender, purple, navy or plum. Blue-toned eye shadow can emphasize the circles, make them look darker or even cause raccoon eyes.
(3) Cheer Up Your Eyes
To make your eyes look happy and well rested;
• Place a cheery color of eye shadow on your lid.
• Spring-like pastels, like sunny yellows, and grassy greens will brighten up.
• Keep liner and shadows from extending too far out from the corner of your eye and dropping.
• Application should be an upward motion, think of a check mark (outer corner towards brow).
• Placement here is crucial to create a lifting-effect for those sleepy eyes.
You can also try Sleep Doctor to help reduce puffiness after a long night!
Dinner Time Debates: How to Take the Stress out of Supper
5 Best Labor Day Recipes
5 Ways To Lose Your Baby Weight
5 Ways to Keep Your Child's Room Organized
Chocolate Marshmallow Pretzel Bars
Recall: Chicken Ceasar Salad Kits Recalled
Eight Ways to Keep the Sizzle in Your Relationship
10 Ways to Turn Fitness into a Family Affair
The Hardest Part of Parenting is Letting Go
13 Tips for Dealing With Picky Eaters
When One Parent Travels... A Lot
Protecting Our Daughters from Campus Rape
10 Tips to Raise a Reader
Shielding Our Kids From the Harsh Realities of Life
Almost-Instant Chicken Fajitas
Morning Sickness Remedies for Moms-To-Be