I wanted to share one of my FAVORITE recipes to prepare and freeze! These turkey dumplings are healthy, delicious, and easy to make!
Let me know what you think
Turkey Potstickers/Dumplings Recipe
- 2 tablespoon of Canola Oil
- 1 large onion – chopped very small
- 3 large carrots – grated
- 2 green onions – chopped very small
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 head of cabbage steamed until soft (squeeze all the water out of it with your hands and chop into small pieces)
- 1 pound of ground turkey (99% fat-free turkey breast)
- ½ package of medium firm tofu (squeeze all the water out of it with your hands)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Accent
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 2 packages of small egg-roll wrappers
Dipping Sauce Ingredients (Mix all ingredients in a small dish)
- 2 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce
- Squeeze of Sriracha sauce – optional
- Dash of pepper
In a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of Canola oil and onions – cook until caramelized. Place into the large mixing bowl.
Using the same pan, 1 tablespoon of Canola oil and carrots – cook until it’s soft (about 5 minutes). Add green onions, garlic, and sugar – stir-fry for another minute. Add this mixture bowl with the onions.
In the large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients: ground turkey, tofu, eggs, Accent, salt, ground pepper. It’s very important to mix well. I like to use plastic cooking gloves and mix with my hands.
Using egg-roll wrappers, a tablespoon and a small bowl of water, spoon the mix into the center of the wrapper. Fold it over and seal it with water. (It’s important to seal well, otherwise it will break open when you are cooking it.)
You can boil, fry or freeze them.
To boil: (low calorie option) fill the pot with water ½ way, bring to boil. Place the dumpling in cook for about 3 min – remove and eat with the dipping sauce.
To fry: (to splurge) coat the bottom of the frying pan with canola oil. Once the oil is hot add dumplings. Place a cover on the frying pan so it can steam the filling – flip and cook both side until brown.
To freeze: once you make the dumplings place them individually on a paper plate – make sure they don’t touch – put in your freezer. After about 2 hours, move them into the Ziploc freezer bag. (If you place them directly into the freezer bag – they will all stick together)