50 and Loving It!by Karen Scott
Did I really just say that? Yes, it's true, I am loving the Big 50! Turning this wonderful age tomorrow gave me lots to think about. I can sum it up in one word. GRATEFUL!
There is so much to be grateful for and so much to look forward to in this new time of my life.
I would like to share with you all my Top 10 Beauty Tips and Tricks that have me feeling great and looking (as I have been told) not 50!
1. Always and foremost Vitamin E stick around my upper eyelids and under eyes and lips.
2. Vaseline on my brows at bedtime. It keeps the brows conditioned and growing. (TIP: Thicker/fuller brows are more youthful looking.)
3. Workout sessions with Los Angeles trainer Ken Hanlon at Train, West Hollywood.
4. Tap Dancing. This is great cardio and makes me happy.
5. 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. One shot of apple cider vinegar is added to the first glass of the day. (TIP: Water is one of the best beauty secrets out there!)
6. A good night's sleep. At least 8 hours a night. They don't call it beauty sleep for nothing!
7. Skin Care: An oxygen facial once a month. Baking soda and water paste to exfoliate my face. I tone with a DIY lemon juice and ylang ylang oil mixture and then moisturize with a gentle and light collagen cream from my own line of products.
8. Lots of veggies! Remember what our moms taught us, "eat all your vegetables!"
9. Eyebrows... a good well-shaped arch can take years off the face.
10. Working hard and loving what I do.
And, most importantly; I would like to express how important it is to love yourself and one another. That is the true beauty in one's lifetime!
50 is looking good!!!