So here it is Mom: The BIG DAY is quickly approaching! Father’s Day!
Yes, yes… I know you’ve been waiting for this day all year long. The day where Dad will actually be listened to when he walks around the house proclaiming how strong and powerful he is and how much he contributes to the household! (I’m kidding!)
As much as I know Dad would appreciate the macaroni necklace or the card that’s riddled with glitter that will be sprinkled all over the floor… I’m just gonna take a guess and say what Dad really might want is some breakfast in bed!
In honor of Dad and his contributions of power – and more importantly his heart – let’s make him a breakfast that reflects that!
Hearty and Powerful Hash Browns & Eggs
- 3 Cups Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 Tbs. Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Diced Cooked Ham or Crumbled Bacon
- 1/2 Small Finely Diced Onion
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Small Can Diced Smoked Chiles (optional)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Smoked Mozzarella
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. In an iron skillet that’s oven safe or a Pyrex pie dish, pat hash browns into an even layer. Drizzle melted butter on top. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until it begins to turn golden brown.
3. In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk, salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients. When the hash browns are ready and golden, pour the egg mixture over the top. Reduce the oven temp. to 325 and bake in the oven uncovered for another 20-25 minutes.
It will come out golden and fluffy and crispy and delicious! Dad will just love it!
Interesting Father’s Day Tidbit: According to Hallmark Consumer Research, Americans sent 49 million more Mother’s Day cards than Father’s Day Cards! Oops, sorry Dad! I am sure this recipe will more than make up for it!