Getting Musical With The Whole Familyby Leslie Newton
I love playing music for my daughter, and have since she was still in my belly! Ever since she was a baby she has responded so positively to music. She loves to dance to it, and now that she is older, she loves to sing along.
Her favorite thing is for me to press “the magic button” which is the repeat button in our car stereo so we can listen to the same song (I kid you not) for a good half hour at a time while we are driving. If I’m going to be listening to a lot of music with her, let alone the same song again and again, I want to at least make sure we’re listening to songs that don’t drive me mad.
So I have a listed some of my 3-year-old's favorite songs that we all enjoy listening to as a family, and you can download too!
1) Yellow Submarine by The Beatles
2) There She Goes Again by Sixpence None The Richer
3) Dancing Queen by Abba
4) Raconte-Moi Une Histoire by M83
5) Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People
6) Singin’ In The Rain by Gene Kelly
7) We Will Rock You by Queen
8) White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes
9) Govinda Jai Jai by Alice Coltrane
10) Le Freak by Chic
11) Minnie The Moocher by Cab Calloway
12) Help Me Rhonda by The Beach Boys
13) Just A Spoon Full Of Sugar from Mary Poppins
14) In A Big Country by Big Country
15) Rumour Has It by Adele
16) Beautiful Day by U2
17) Dance With Me by Nouvelle Vague
18) These Boots Are Made For Walkin’ by Nancy Sinatra
19) Feeling Groovy by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel
20) Rock Lobster by The B52’s
There’s a lot of children’s music we love too, but it’s nice to have a wide variety. It’s so fun listening to her sing along in the car, or having family dance parties at home in our living room.
I hope you have as much fun listening to these songs as we do!
Leslie Newton, founder of timi & leslie diaper bags, created her company in 1999 when she realized there was a huge void in the marketplace for stylish, functional diaper bags.
Besides creating fashionable diaper bags, Leslie loves doing crafts with her 3 year old daughter, and going on lots of family outings. Leslie loves anything vintage or mid-century modern - clothes, furniture, jewelry, fabric - all which have a big influence on the timi & leslie aesthetic.