Get a Lean Lower Body!by ModernMom Staff
Want to review new products and try out free samples? Sign up to become a ModernMom Insider!
Like this workout? Check out our OMB! section for more fitness tips and healthy recipes that will have you saying "Oh My Bod!"
Are you ready for bikini season?
To help you get in shape for summer, Brooke Burke and her trainer - fitness expert Greg Joujon-Roche- have shared some great exercises to help you get a leaner lower body.
These three simple and effective work-out moves are perfect for moms who want to tone and tighten their butt and legs!
Criss Cross Lunge
1. Start with your legs together and your hands clasped in front of you.
2. Step out to the side with your right foot, cross your left foot behind your right and touch your left knee to the ground.
3. Pushing up with your front foot, rise back up to standing and then step out to the side with your left foot, crossing your right foot behind and touching your right knee to the ground.
4. Do three sets of 10 reps.
Plyo Frog Squat
1. Start with your legs about shoulder length apart, and your feet turned slightly out.
2. Take a deep squat, touching your elbows to your knees.
3. Leap up out of the squat, controlling your downward motion and counting to five as you slowly return to the squat position.
3. Do three sets of 10 squat leaps.
1. Stand in front of a chair, and bend your leg behind you, resting the front of your foot on the edge of the chair seat. (Bent leg should form a 90 degree angle.)
2. Holding your arms clasped under your chin, dip straight down and straight up.
3. Make sure your front leg is far enough away from the chair that your knee does not go past your toes.
4. Count to five on your downward dip, controlling the motion.
5. Do three sets of 10 dips on each leg.
Want to watch Brooke and Greg take you through each exercise and get extra tips and tricks? Check out the video below - and be sure to take a look at all the other great exercises on the ModernMom YouTube Channel.
Like this workout? Check out Brooke Burke's Sexy Six-Week Slim Down for more fitness tips and healthy recipes that will have you saying "Oh My Bod!"