ModernMom’s co-CEO Brooke Burke was honored with an award for excellence in new media by the The Alliance for Women in Media, Southern California this week.
We couldn’t be more proud.
The Alliance for Women in Media, Southern California is dedicated to providing mentorship, networking opportunities, enrichment programs and scholarship assistance to individuals in the media community. The Alliance was founded in 1954. This year marked the 54th annual Genii Awards to honor outstanding women in their industry for their accomplishments and pioneering efforts in their professional work and community service.
The 2011 Honorees were:
· Lifetime Achievement — Florence Henderson, Actress
· Excellence in Management — Wenda Fong, Vice President of Alternative Entertainment for FOX Broadcasting Company
· Inspiration Award — Holly Robinson Peete, Co-host of the CBS daily talk show, The Talk
· Excellence in New Media — Brooke Burke, Co-host of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, Actress, Entrepreneur, Author, Model, Co-CEOModernMom.com, President of BabooshBaby.com
· Excellence in Television — Michaela Pereira, Anchor KTLA Morning News
· Excellence in Advertising — Linda Southern, Director of Local Media Buying at Campbell-Ewald
· Excellence in Radio — Karen Sharp, On-air Personality: Love Songs on the KOST
· Tracey Miller Merit Award — Rita Garcia, CBS 2/KCAL 9 Reporter
· Host: George Pennacchio, Entertainment Reporter for ABC7 Eyewitness News