This post about 9 Fun Things You Can Do With Kids Inside is brought to you by Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are my own.
When the weather keeps the kids indoors, it can be difficult to keep everyone entertained, and both parents and children can start to get cabin fever. This time of year, we seem to be stuck inside more than we’re able to go outside. But time indoors doesn’t have to be a drag, as there are plenty of fun activities you can do with the kids.
That’s why I’ve partnered with Walmart Family Mobile to bring you new ideas for activities you and your kids can do to mix things up a little and stay entertained, even if the weather keeps you cooped up.
• Practice Spelling – You can make spelling fun! Just grab a cookie sheet and some of the magnet letters from your refrigerator and let the kids practice spelling out their favorite words or phrases.
• Board games – Board games are always a fun way to get competitive. Play a series of different games and keep track of who wins the most.
• Beauty Shop – Grab some ribbons, ponytail holders, clips, and curlers and let your kids style your hair. You might really like your new look :).
• Make Slime – Making homemade slime is super easy and you can search recipes online using your smartphone.
• Puppet Show – Get some old socks and make sock puppets! Create a stage using an old box. If you want you can decorate it with paints or construction paper. Be sure to grab your smartphone and record the puppet show so your kids can share it with their friends. Plus, it’s probably something they’ll love to watch over and over again!
• Story time – Let your kids pick out their favorite book and read it to everyone. Even if your children are a little young to read, it’s always fun to let them make up the story by looking at the pictures.
• Rubber Egg – Okay, this one takes a few days, but it is totally worth it. If you have not turned an egg into a rubbery egg, it’s a must try. All you do is place an egg in vinegar for a few days and when you take the egg out it will be rubbery. Very cool.
• Build an indoor fort – We all remember how much fun this was as a child. Imagine how much fun you can have making an indoor fort as an adult! Grab some blankets, pillows, (and your kids) and get creative.
• Take advantage of your smartphone – stream your kids’ favorite educational shows or look up fun new games to play in your fort. With Walmart Family Mobile’s new family plans, you can score two Truly Unlimited lines* for less than $75 per month all powered by the blazing fast T-Mobile Network. That’s enough to keep both the kids and yourself entertained while stuck inside.
Plus with Walmart Family Mobile you don’t have to stress over contracts or activations fees! You can simply pick a phone, pick a plan, activate and go – it’s that easy.
To learn more about Walmart Family Mobile unlimited plans, including new family plans, visit your local Walmart or check out www.myfamilymobile.com.
*Plus taxes and fees. Additional lines must be of equal or lesser value. Please refer to the latest Terms and Conditions of Service at www.myfamilymobile.com.