- Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 12 ounce box jumbo shells
- 4 links sausage, removed from casing (turkey or pork, sweet or spicy)
- 1 tablespoon light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Italian cheeses, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil a large pot of water, preferably a Dutch oven and add a small amount of salt (optional.) When the water comes to a rolling boil, add shells and cook according to package directions, minus 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water immediately. Transfer to a paper towel lined cookie sheet with shells placed upside down to drain excess water.
2. While shells are boiling, brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until brown, breaking up with a spatula or spoon. Remove sausage to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess grease. Add olive oil, bell peppers and onion to the same hot skillet. Saute for 5-7 minutes or until soft. Transfers to a mixing bowl.
3. Add browned sausage, Italian seasoning and 1 cup shredded Italian cheese to bell pepper mixture. Toss to mix.
4. Spread a few spoons of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 dish. Carefully fill each pasta shell with sausage mixture and place into the dish, fitting tightly so they are upright. Cover with remaining Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce and 1 cup shredded Italian cheese.
5. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy your Ragú Tra-Dish Sausage and Pepper Stuffed Shells!
Want more easy and delicious recipe ideas from Ragú? Visit Facebook.com/RaguSauce