Steven Lake and Kristin Confer are the PhDs of hair. They bring over 30 years of experience, education, and teaching to the hair industry.
Their passion and insight set this Perfect Hair Duo up for success in creating, recreating, and sharing their vision and creativity behind the chair and on set.
Week 4: How to get Brooke Burke’s DWTS glam look from THIS week’s show!
Every week on Dancing with the Stars, Brooke Burke goes from “Mom” to “Glam!” Here are some tips to help our modern moms recreate these looks at home:
Modern Veronica Lake
1. On towel dried hair, apply a curl activating cream or mousse from ends to scalp.
2. Using a large round brush, blow-dry your hair completely.
3. Create a deep side part using the corner of your eyebrow as a guide.
4. Set hair in hot rollers.
a. Begin at top section and roll back (away from the face) in slight diagonal directed away from the part; stopping at the crown of the head.
b. On the part side, roll vertically in one direction around head, away from the face.
c. Roll the section below (or nape) the opposite direction.
5. Lightly spray your hair with a brushable finishing spray and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
6. Remove rollers and lightly brush with a Mason Pearson brush to create desired wave.
7. Finish with a light spray shine or hairspray.
- A deep side part (outside corner of eye as guide) is key to the look.
- There should only be three rollers on the top of your head.
- For extra hold on longer hair, after removing hot rollers, go over each section with a curling iron, pinning as you go along. Then allow to cool for 15 more minutes before lightly brushing out.
Want a sneak peek behind the scenes? Check out the photos below:
Derek Hough getting cheeky with Brooke.
Carson Kressley and Brooke having fun at work, again!