Steven Lake and Kristin Confer are the PhDs of hair. They bring over 30 years of experience, education, and teaching to the hair industry.
Their passion and insight set this Perfect Hair Duo up for success in creating, recreating, and sharing their vision and creativity behind the chair and on set.
Dancing with the Stars: Season 14, Week 1
Every week, Brooke Burke goes from “Mom” to “Glam” on DWTS! We’ve got some tips to help our modern moms recreate these looks at home.
Ombre hair, featuring dark roots and bleached out blonde ends, has recently been worn by everyone from Rihanna to Drew Barrymore.
Go from casual to sexy in these three easy steps:
1. Use clip-in extensions two or three shades lighter and two or three inches longer than your natural hair.
2. Take random sections, and curl with a medium barrel curling iron, using a light hold volumizing or styling spray before curling.
3. After curls cool, pull a light oil or styling cream through the ends to soften and separate the curls, while accentuating the Ombre effect.
- Check the bargain bin at your hair or wig shop…there are often several colors and tones of clip-in extensions available.
- Use extensions 2 or 3 shades lighter (or more) than your natural hair color
- The lighter the extensions, the more dramatic the Ombre effect!