Steven Lake and Kristin Confer are the PhDs of hair. They bring over 30 years of experience, education, and teaching to the hair industry.
Their passion and insight set this Perfect Hair Duo up for success in creating, recreating, and sharing their vision and creativity behind the chair and on set.
Dancing with the Stars: Season 14, Week 2
Every week, Brooke Burke goes from “Mom” to “Glam” on DWTS! We’ve got some tips to help our modern moms recreate these looks at home.
Steven Lake says, “The dress had a retro feel, so I wanted to lend a modern flair to the hair while keeping with the vibe of the dress.”
Go from casual to chic in these three easy steps:
1. Following a good blowout, set your hair with a medium barrrel curling iron in large sections, away from the face…pinning as you go.
2. Spray with a medium hold hairspray and let cool.
3. After curls cool, make a deep side part and brush hair with a Mason Pearson brush, forming the curls as you brush.
- For a more retro look, as worn by Brooke on this week’s show, pin back one side.
- A hairspray with a light shine really brightens up this look.
- Back comb the crown before brushing out the curls to make this look pop.