January marks the beginning of a brand new year and it’s also the perfect time to make good on some of those fitness resolutions you’ve been kicking around. Forget the crash diets, the best way to get healthy is by making gradual positive lifestyle changes that you’ll be able to maintain throughout the whole year. And what better way to get excited about getting in shape than with some new cool workout stuff? Here are a few of our favorite fitness must-haves to help you start the year off right!
1. The Simply Fit Board is super easy to use and it’s fun. The whole family will love this. You twist on it and it tones your abs and legs. You can do it while watching TV and easily store it in a closet or even under your bed. I like to do it with light weights to really get the most out of it. You’ll feel it the next day!
2. OYO Fitness DoubleFlex is a portable total body gym that provides resistance and provides the same benefits of lifting weights without the weight! It doesn’t take up much space but it provides big results. Say goodbye to free weights, you’ll love this.
3. How about a workout that is so fun you won’t even realize you are exercising? Country Heat is just that. It’s a dance workout by one of our favorite fitness moms, Autumn Calabrese. It’s great country music coupled with line dance-inspired moves. No weights or equipment needed. Super fun and effective.
4. Baboosh Body Exercise Wrap was designed by our very own Brooke Burke and is a core wrap is a unisex waist trimmer created specifically for use during exercise. It’s made out of nylon and neoprene which promotes intense sweating to help you lose inches quickly from your waist. Just put it on before you start your workout – whether you’re on a morning run, doing yoga or even just taking the dog for a walk – and watch those love handles disappear. The Baboosh Body features a 3-panel construction, allowing for a snug fit that’s invisible under your clothes, so no one will even know you’re wearing it.
5. We can’t work out without music so how about these iFrogz bluetooth earbuds that feature an innovative wireless hub that magnetically clips to your shirt (or sports bra)? Now your music controls are easily within reach and the magnetic storage clip secures the earbuds when not in use – no more tangled wires! And if your earbud tips get worn or damaged, they’ll replace them.
6. Don’t let cold weather and low light conditions keep you from exercising. RunLites are a new line of mittens made of polar fleece with Velcro pockets that hold rechargeable LED lights to make sure you can see and be seen in low light conditions.