Steven Lake and Kristin Confer are the PhDs of hair. They bring over 30 years of experience, education, and teaching to the hair industry.
Their passion and insight set this Perfect Hair Duo up for success in creating, recreating, and sharing their vision and creativity behind the chair and on set.
Dancing with the Stars: Season 15, Week 1
Every week, Brooke Burke goes from “Mom” to “Glam” on DWTS!
We’ve got some tips to help our modern moms recreate these looks at home. Here’s how to get Brooke’s fab look from the first week of the first ever All Star season of Dancing with the Stars!
Sleek and Straight
1. On towel dried hair apply a thermal protectant from roots to ends.
2. Create desired part. Blow dry hair completely.
3. Flat Iron horizontal sections beginning at the back of the head (nape).
4. To finish, apply an anti-humectant, a light oil or anti frizz serum to lock in the smoothness.
- A thermal protectant protects the hair from heat styling.
- For a more retro glam look, create a deep side part.
- On curly hair, use a straightening balm on damp hair for the blow out.
- Use a protective spray when blow drying or setting the hair, to protect the hair from heat styling.
Check out some behind the scenes photos from Week 1:?
Steven touching up Brooke.
Steven finishing Brooke’s look.
Brooke taking a pic of her Glam Squad back stage.
And don’t miss the finished look…