One of the most frequent questions I see posted in mom’s groups on Facebook, asked at the park and a general topic of conversation is what to get a one-year old for their birthday. Is there some universal gift that all one-year-olds will like?
The answer is no. Unless we are talking about a water bottle, empty Starbucks cup or box. Because let’s face it, all babies like those items.
But they are not really first-birthday gift worthy, even though they may like them more than the fancy present we spend so much time selecting and wrapping for this special day.
So here is my list of the top birthday presents for a one-year old:
1. Plan Toys Hammer Balls (added bonus, this is a green toy company) $20 – $24.99
2. Little Tikes PopTunes Guitar $19.99
3. Green Toys Fire Truck, Dump Truck or Sand Play Set $19.99 – $24.99
4. Skip Hop Zoo Backpacks $20
5. Boon Caterpillar/Owl Stack $15, Zoli Sumo Snack Stack $15
6. Sassy Bathtime Fun Appliques $12.99
7. Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack $7.99 – $9.99
8. Foam Letter Mat by SoftTiles $50
10. Tap-a-Tune Piano by Little Tikes $14.99
12. Leapfrog My Pal $19 – $25
13. Growth Charts by Oopsy Daisy $49
14. Train Set by Melissa & Doug $16.99
15. Kushies Linko Toys $34
16. Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Corn Popper Push Toy $10 or Rhino Toys Oball Roller $20
19. Pediped Shoes $30 – $35
20. Green Toys Toolkit $30
22. JJ Cole All Occasion Waterproof Blanket $34.95
23. Cloud B Twilight Constellation Nightlight (Turtle or Ladybug) $32 or Nightlight by Babyzoo $20
25. Pottery Barn Kids Personalized Name on Beach Towel $30+