We are super excited to partner with Lionsgate for My Little Pony: The Movie that’s coming to theaters this Friday (October 6th). To celebrate our favorite pony friends heading to the BIG screen, we made ridiculously delicious pastel rainbow rice krispy treats!
These are for Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and all the ponies! Oh, and your kids…
Rainbow Rice Krispy Treats
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 10 ounce bags of mini marshmallows
- 10 1/2 cups of rice krispies (any brand will do)
- Food coloring (we went for the pastels, but go crazy and be creative). Too bad they don’t have glitter coloring!
- Butter or spray the inside of a 9″x 13″ baking dish (I used glass but metal works too).
- Take 1 tablespoons of butter and 1/3 bag of mini marshmallows and place in a glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Make sure you watch it because microwaves can vary and you don’t want to burn it. You want the butter and marshmallows melted.
- Add red food coloring and mix quickly (and carefully since it can be sticky and messy).
- Mix in 1 3/4 cups of the rice cereal.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking dish. Use wax paper to flatter the layers. This really works wonders.
- Repeat steps 2-6 using whatever colors you fancy.
- Let your beautiful creation cool and then cut into squares.
These treats are so delicious your kids should definitely share them with friends since as the ponies say “Friendship is Magic!” Check out the featurette below with some of the all-star voice cast including Emily Blunt, Kristin Chenoweth, Liev Schreiber, Taye Diggs, and Zoe Saldana!