What’s better than a regular candy bar? A deep fried one!
- 12 medium candy bars of your choice, thoroughly frozen
- 2 1/4 cups Drakes fry mix
- 1 12 oz. beer
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 Tbsp malt vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for deep frying
1. Preheat deep fryer or 2″ of oil in large deep pan to 375 degrees or medium high heat.
2. Place 2 containers for dredging candy bars on counter. Place 1 cup of the deep fry mix in one container and 1 1/4 cup in the other. To the container with 1 /1/4 of the mix, add salt, white pepper.
3. Using a whisk stir in beer and malt vinegar until batter is smooth. Place both containers next to each in close proximity to the fryer.
4. Individually dredge each candy bar first in just the Drakes mix, shaking off excess. Then dip into batter allowing to drain slightly and carefully place in hot oil. Repeat until 3-4 shrimp are in the basket or pan.
5. Fry until crispy and golden brown. Remove to paper towel and salt lightly. Repeat with the rest of the bar. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.