I’m sure I’m not the only one who is excited that Summer is in full effect. The sun is out and the weather is warm. Granted, where I live that is the norm for most of the year, but there is just something different about Summer months. People are happier, vacations are made, food is fresher, and the cocktails are sweeter! With the dog days of summer upon us, I wanted to find must-haves for those fun filled sunny days at the beach or pool.
With this being my first summer as a mom, I had to think differently about what to pack in my beach bag, what sunscreen to use, and for the first time, how to dress my child appropriately for a day in the sun.
My summer must haves:
1) An Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) bathing suit that covers a good amount of the torso, arms, and legs.
2) A wide-brimmed hat that protects the face, neck, and ears.
3) Swim shoes that protect my child from the ocean floor, harsh sand and keep his feet from burning.
4) Good 30-50 SPF+ all natural sunscreen options (which I have, and those tips can be found on my sunscreen article).
5) Make sure my beach bag is stocked with large, well-absorbing towels, extra change of clothes, wipes, snacks, and other daily baby essentials.
If I plan on spending the majority of the day at the beach or pool, I need to make sure to have my child protected, hydrated and shaded during peak sun hours of 10am-2pm.
Hope your summer is a fun and safe one! @julssolomon