Calling all teens!
We’re excited to share a contributor volunteer opportunity at modernmom.com with you!
Teens! Share to help others just like you! Are you passionate about writing or other forms of creative content creation (video, recipes, photos, or something else!) and eager to express your thoughts, opinions, and important perspectives on topics that matter to you, created by teens, and designed for teens?
Your voice matters, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Our exciting program, Teen Talk Channel, is tailor-made for high school and college students, providing them with a fantastic opportunity to share their perspectives through content creation, blog posts, videos, and more.
Want a place online to showcase your work? As a content contributor, you won’t just be honing your skills; you’ll also have the chance to see your work published on The Modern Mom website.
But that’s not all! Our channel isn’t limited to writing alone. Participants will also have the opportunity to create podcasts, conduct interviews, design graphics, and more!
Whether you’re a seasoned writer or entirely new to the world of content creation, our channel is designed to offer fresh challenges and a valuable boost to your portfolio and journalistic skills.
So, let’s get started!
Here’s a glimpse of what you can anticipate after filling out the form: Once you’ve completed the application, our team of Modern Mom’s editors will review your submission. If you’re among the final selected candidates, one of our editors will be in touch with you to discuss the exciting next steps in your journey with us.
We look forward to discovering your unique perspective and working together to create engaging content for teenagers, by teenagers. Join us today!
What to write about? What to make videos on? Looking for inspo?
Popular topics to consider could include but aren’t limited to:
- Social Media: What’s trending and what are you seeing? Talk about updates on your favorite social media platforms, tips for gaining followers, and information about trends and challenges. Best practices? What’s working for you?
- Entertainment: What’s on your radar with movies, TV shows, celebrities, music, and video games, concerts, or something else?
- School and Education: Classes, teachers, peers – oy! Let’s talk about homework help, study tips, information about colleges and scholarships, and resources for improving your academic goals and stories.
- Fashion and Beauty: Work it! Channel your inner style guide! Share your eye for fashion trends, makeup tutorials, skincare routines, room decor, and advice on personal style, and more!
- Relationships: Love is in the air! Or maybe the struggle is real? We want to hear your dating advice/stories, thoughts on friendships, and experiences dealing with romantic and social issues that you’re living and breathing.
- Health and Wellness: Health is wealth! Let’s share your perspectives on topics like nutrition, fitness, mental health, and coping with stress and anxiety. Want to ask an expert? Let us know!
- Technology and Gadgets: Are you Team Apple or Team Android? Let’s face it, we’re interested in the latest technology trends, smartphone reviews, gaming consoles, and much more.
- Hobbies and Interests: What else do you do? Love art? Love to cook? Tell us more! This can include topics like sports, photography, cooking, art, and many other hobbies and interests.
- Pop Culture: Are you a Swiftie? Into something else? Share with us! We want your news and updates about popular culture, including movies, TV shows, and celebrity gossip.
- Current Events and News: What are you reading and watching? We want to hear! What are you staying informed about, including local and world news, especially on topics that affect your generation?
- Inclusivity Topics: Inclusivity begins with knowledge. We welcome content related to LGBTQ+ rights, coming out, finding supportive resources, and more. Let’s hear your perspectives on race, voting, speaking up, and so much more.
- Mental Health and Self-Care: Now more than ever, there is an increased awareness of mental health issues. Let’s share what works for you when it comes to managing stress, depression, and self-care strategies.
- Travel: Do you love to vacation? Where do you want to go? What’s most important when you travel? We want to hear what teens are interested in regarding travel destinations, budget travel tips, and planning trips with friends or family.
- College and Career Planning: The struggle is real. We get it. College planning can be intense. Share your thoughts, lessons, and questions on college admissions, scholarships, student loans, financial aid, career options, internships, and more.
- DIY and Life Hacks: We love a good life hack! Got an adulting tip? Share your latest do-it-yourself projects and life hacks. We’re always looking for creative solutions to everyday problems.
How often do I need to send in an article or other form of contribution?
This really depends on you. Most teens will try to contribute at least monthly. Many of our contributors choose to submit content even more frequently, but you choose.
Are there any topics that are not allowed?
Good question, if you’re not sure, send us an email and we can talk it through. We try to say yes more often than we say no.
Can I just use ChatGPT or AI to write my articles?
No, please no. As much as we all love AI, we really want this to be your authentic voice, 100% your own original work. If you use quotes, give credit. If you include photos, get permission to use them and give photo credit. It’s being a good human.
If you use AI or some other tool to tweak any of your work, please let us know.
For more details visit (include the links to the stuff at the bottom of the website).
Can my friends do this too?
Sure, have them apply and we’ll try our best to include as many of your friends as we can!
Can I submit art? Digital or a scan of what I’ve made?
Yes, please let us know what you have in mind and we’ll always try to make it work for you.
Can I put this on my resume or college application?
You can share the link to your published work. Good luck!
What else do I need to know?