White Chicken Chili with Salsa Verde
Looking for a warm and filling dinner recipe that doesn't require hours in the kitchen?
The slow cooker does all the work for this tasty (and heart-healthy) soup.
Spicy and savory... your family is sure to love this delicious dish!
Ingredients (makes 10 servings)
- 1-1/2 cups dried navy beans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde, divided
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (5.3 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced jalapenos and chopped cilantro, optional
Soak beans in four cups of water overnight.
Combine flour, garlic, cumin, oregano and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside. Toss chicken with flour mixture to completely coat.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add chicken to skillet. Sauté chicken until lightly browned about 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove any floating beans; drain water and place beans in slow cooker. Add vegetables, chicken broth, 1/2 cup salsa verde and water to the slow cooker.
Place chicken in slow cooker; stir to combine ingredients.
Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours hours or LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until beans are tender.
Stir in remaining salsa verde, evaporated milk, cheese and cilantro. Serve with sliced jalapenos and additional cilantro, if desired.
New Tra-Dish: Mini Pizza Pot Pies
Would Your Child Pass This Simple Self-Control Test?
DIY Thursday: Canvas Block Print Storage Bins
What Every Breastfeeding Mom Should Know
The Small Things That Mean The Most...
5 Things Parents of Preemies Should Know
Spicy Quinoa Chickpea Patties (Quinoa Falafel)
How Young is Too Young for Facebook?
10 Spring Loves And A New Spring Coffee Blend From Starbucks You'll Love Too!
Mommy Moments: It's All About the Little Things
5 Fun Family Earth Day Activities
11 Tips For Stay-At-Home Moms Who Want To Go Back To Work
7 Mistakes Parents Make When Kids Wet The Bed
Gluten-Free Zucchini Patties
My Daughter Isn't Who I Thought She Was
Buffalo Egg Salad Sliders