White Chicken Chili with Salsa Verde
Looking for a warm and filling dinner recipe that doesn't require hours in the kitchen?
The slow cooker does all the work for this tasty (and heart-healthy) soup.
Spicy and savory... your family is sure to love this delicious dish!
Ingredients (makes 10 servings)
- 1-1/2 cups dried navy beans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde, divided
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (5.3 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced jalapenos and chopped cilantro, optional
Soak beans in four cups of water overnight.
Combine flour, garlic, cumin, oregano and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside. Toss chicken with flour mixture to completely coat.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add chicken to skillet. Sauté chicken until lightly browned about 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove any floating beans; drain water and place beans in slow cooker. Add vegetables, chicken broth, 1/2 cup salsa verde and water to the slow cooker.
Place chicken in slow cooker; stir to combine ingredients.
Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours hours or LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until beans are tender.
Stir in remaining salsa verde, evaporated milk, cheese and cilantro. Serve with sliced jalapenos and additional cilantro, if desired.
Brooke Burke Takes the ALS Ice Challenge
Backpack Safety: How To Choose And Use The Perfect Pack
My Daughter's First Best Friend Breakup
Relief for Swollen Feet During Pregnancy
Skinny Jeans Mojito Recipe
Peanut, Almond and Nut Butters Recalled Due to Potential Salmonella
When One Parent Travels... A Lot
Baked Beets Recipe
Hot Hair Trend: Messy Braids
The Sneaky Mom: 7 Ways We Show Our Stealth
Deadly Food Allergies: From A Teen Who Has Them
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe [Vegan]
Shocking Beauty Secrets
Inked Up: Moms and Tattoos
My Baby is a Senior in High School?