White Chicken Chili with Salsa Verde
Looking for a warm and filling dinner recipe that doesn't require hours in the kitchen?
The slow cooker does all the work for this tasty (and heart-healthy) soup.
Spicy and savory... your family is sure to love this delicious dish!
Ingredients (makes 10 servings)
- 1-1/2 cups dried navy beans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde, divided
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (5.3 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced jalapenos and chopped cilantro, optional
Soak beans in four cups of water overnight.
Combine flour, garlic, cumin, oregano and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside. Toss chicken with flour mixture to completely coat.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add chicken to skillet. Sauté chicken until lightly browned about 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove any floating beans; drain water and place beans in slow cooker. Add vegetables, chicken broth, 1/2 cup salsa verde and water to the slow cooker.
Place chicken in slow cooker; stir to combine ingredients.
Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours hours or LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until beans are tender.
Stir in remaining salsa verde, evaporated milk, cheese and cilantro. Serve with sliced jalapenos and additional cilantro, if desired.
Fifty Shades of Grey and Our Daughters
How to handle inappropriate toddler behavior? Like this.
PB Banana Dog and Mommy Always Comes Back Book Make Back to School A Cinch!
What is Hot Yoga?
Style on a Budget: Re-Fashion Tips for Moms
To Clear Up The Confusion - I Am NOT An Octopus!
A Sneak Peek Into The Mind Of A Four-Year-Old
Name Ownership: Can You Steal A Baby Name?
Tricks to Conquering a Lousy Day
Celebrating Autumn with Starbucks® Fall Blend
Remembering September 11th - That Fateful Day
Talking to Your Children About 9/11
I Don't Trust Women Who Don't Have Old Friends
Tough Love for My Picky Eater?
Should You Let Your Little One Quit a Sport?
Sex Education, Courtesy of Judy Blume