White Chicken Chili with Salsa Verde
Looking for a warm and filling dinner recipe that doesn't require hours in the kitchen?
The slow cooker does all the work for this tasty (and heart-healthy) soup.
Spicy and savory... your family is sure to love this delicious dish!
Ingredients (makes 10 servings)
- 1-1/2 cups dried navy beans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde, divided
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (5.3 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced jalapenos and chopped cilantro, optional
Soak beans in four cups of water overnight.
Combine flour, garlic, cumin, oregano and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside. Toss chicken with flour mixture to completely coat.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add chicken to skillet. Sauté chicken until lightly browned about 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove any floating beans; drain water and place beans in slow cooker. Add vegetables, chicken broth, 1/2 cup salsa verde and water to the slow cooker.
Place chicken in slow cooker; stir to combine ingredients.
Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours hours or LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until beans are tender.
Stir in remaining salsa verde, evaporated milk, cheese and cilantro. Serve with sliced jalapenos and additional cilantro, if desired.
Too Old for Training Wheels!
Nice Things You Say That Really Annoy Me
Awkward First Playdates
The World's Toughest Moms Raise the World's Toughest Kids
5 Scary Birth Control Side Effects You Shouldn't Ignore
New Puppy Parent Anxiety
Brooke Burke-Charvet: Dancing Out Of The Ballroom - DWTS
20 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Had Kids
The Terrible "Kid Food" Advice I Still Regret Taking
5 Beautiful DIY Projects Made From Boring Household Items
Mr. Peabody & Sherman: Meet Your New Favorite Movie Dog Dad
Almost-Instant Chicken Fajitas
How To Do Yoga With Your Kids
How Much Time Do You Spend On Your (Facebook) Appearance?
New Tra-Dish: Easy Awesome Meat Sauce
Don't Ask Me, "So, When Are You Having Kids?"