As a starting point, I recommend lots of dicsussion!
Here are some questions to start with:
1. Is this business/idea your top priority?
2. How many hours per week do you plan on committing to our venture?
3. What’s your goal for this company?
Which of us is more capable of dealing with the financial issues? Marketing and sales? Website and social media?
4. How will we solve an issue if we disagree? Who will have the final say? Who would be mediator if we cannot come to terms?
5. List your top 3 strengths that you bring to the table.
6. List your 3 weaknesses, where you may need the most support.
7. What are qualities you most admire in your business partner?
8. What qualities scare or intimidate you about your biz partner?
Working with someone has pros and cons. Of course, it nice to have the support and different perspective, but you will need to compromise. Begin talking, break the ice, know ahead of time that things may get uncomfortable. Then you can move forward with a true and meaningful understanding of the way your partnership will operate.