This may pose a challenge to mothers of children under 5 everywhere, but one of the biggest fashion trends for Spring and Summer 2011 is white. That’s right, I’m telling you that the new black is…the exact opposite of black. Whether it’s a little white dress, a flirty sheer top or a crocheted knit, now is the time to do the white thing and stock up on color-less pieces (and, let’s face it, probably some bleach), which incidentally look cool with all the colored denim we are seeing right now. Nothing looks better in the summer than a crisp white outfit against sun-kissed skin. So, I’ve pulled together a little list of great whites. Check out the cream, ivory and alabaster items you’ll want to score now.
1. The LWD (that’s short for little white dress, in case you were wondering) is the biggest must-have of the season. When you have to be out the door in five seconds flat, throw on Antik Batik’s little white CoCo dress ($195) and a pair of flip flops–no more thought necessary.
2. Beyond Vintage’s semi-sheer top ($350) is at once demure and flirtatious. Pair it with faded denim for an effortless ensemble.
3. Even if you live a suburban life, you can still rock a downtown vibe with Elizabeth and James’ ruffle vest ($195).
4. We’re groovin’ on the cool 70s silhouette of Genetic Denim’s Riley jeans ($185).
5. Rock Haute Hippie’s swan halter top($225) with a mini skirt for date night with the hubby.
6. Not your grandma’s crochet! Reveal sexy flashes of skin, without giving away too much, in Opening Ceremony’s knit tunic ($230).
7. On breezy summer evenings, Raquel Allegra’s net detail top is a safe bet for staying warm ($295).