Cooking, cleaning, running errands, juggling work with the daily school carpool – does this sound like a typical day? Moms, we do so much to keep our family happy and healthy, but it’s important to remember to take some time for you.
So this wee, we want you to celebrate how much you rock! And to help you out, we’ve put together a list of 10 “pick-me-ups” that take 10 minutes or less:
1. Light a tropical-scented candle and look through photos of your last family vacation.
2. Jazz up your water with cucumber and mint for a spa-like refreshment.
3. Plant your favorite kind of flower in an indoor flower pot and put it somewhere you’ll see it every day.
4. Paint your toenails a bright, fun color – neon polish is very in right now.
5. Give yourself an at home face mask, and make sure to scare your kids by popping out from behind a door with green stuff on your face.
6. Take a long hot shower and don’t forget to deep condition your hair!
7. Read a celebrity magazine and catch up on all the latest gossip.
8. Lock yourself in the bathroom and eat a piece of chocolate.
9. Stretch it out. Find a quiet spot (either in your house or outside if it’s a nice day) and take a few deep breaths. Then gently stretch out your arms, legs and back.
10. Write down all your wishes and dreams for the coming year and put them in a safe place so you can read them later.