Mineral makeup has become popular over the last few years. Bare Escentuals is one of the first to come out with this natural look. Today, there are many brands that will give you the irritant-free, not so heavy look. Follow these steps to apply the foundation.
* PREP YOUR SKIN * Start off with clean and moisturized skin and let it dry for a couple minutes before application of foundation. This will help the powder blend better than moist skin.
* USE CONCEALER * For under eye circles or blemishes, start with a concealer to cover this up. Many kits come with a mineral powder concealer. For more coverage, use a liquid concealer.
* DIP BRUSH INTO POWDER * Shake foundation container to allow a small amount into sifter. Dip the application brush into the sifter and shake off excess. Press lightly to push the powder into the applicator.
APPLY FOUNDATION * Apply mineral foundation by using small circular motions across the face. Start working inward and then apply to nose, forehead, and chin.
* GO OVER SKIN AGAIN * Go over your face again without adding more foundation to get a finished look. The key is small, buffing motions to get the natural look
* USE BLUSH * To add color, use a mineral blush. Sweep a powder blush across cheeks for a natural glow. It is best to use the mineral powder blush to blend well with the mineral foundation.
Tips and Warnings
Buy a Kabuki brush that has a short handle and firm bristles – perfect for buffing!
If you can not find an exact match to your cheek color, go slightly darker.
Many mineral foundations can be bought online or even at a discount store.
Shop around! Check out online stores shown here as a starting point!
Use an oil-based cleanser to wash it off, it can be quite water-resistant.