Here are just a few things to think about next time you are stressing over bills and having enough money. Hopefully you can impliment at least a few into your life.
- Reduce your soda consumption for four cans a week (Or don’t drink them at all, that is my approach)
- Save $50 each on two children’s birthday parties by making homemade decorations, cake, wrapping paper and one present.
- Write a good letter instead of making a monthly long distance phone call.
- Purchase 10 articles of clothing at thrift stores, yard sales, consignment stores this year rather than paying department store prices.
- Once a month make a pizza from scratch instead of having one delivered.
- Pack four school lunches per week.
- Reduce your milk consumption by 2 gallons per week by substituting dry milk in cooking and in half and half for drinking.
- Reduce your smoking by 3 cigarettes per day (or give up altogether and save more)
- Hang 4 loads of laundry per week instead of ysing your dryer (My HOA will not allow clothes lines, so if that is the same for you, get creative)
- Bake one batch of braed (2 loaves) per week.
Have more suggestions? We would love for you to comment.
(Source – the Tightwad Gazette)