The following post is sponsored by Chex®
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been crazy about pistachios. I’ve tried those little nuts in just about everything – pasta sauce, chicken, cake, ice cream, you name it!
That’s why I couldn’t wait to try this creative recipe for a sweet and salty snack. It’s a fun twist on traditional Chex Mix, and my family gobbled it right up. The lime brings out the flavor in the nuts and the cereal gives it an extra crispy crunch. Love!
Ingredients (Makes 14 servings)
- 6 cups Vanilla Chex® cereal
- 1 cup roasted, salted pistachios, shelled
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen (thawed) limeade concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Start to Finish: 15 Minutes
1. In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal and pistachios; set aside.
2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter and juice concentrate on High 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until butter is melted; stir in lime peel. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
3. Microwave uncovered on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until cereal just begins to brown. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
Voila! The perfect snack!
Enter here for a chance to win a year’s supply of Vanilla Chex. 150 people will also receive a coupon for a free box!