Have you heard the old adage “He who laughs last, laughs longest?!” Well, as it turns out, it’s true in more ways than one.
Current scientific evidence has shown that laughter not only improves our overall health, happiness and sense of well-being, but it actually increases our life expectancy as well.
- Laughter strengthens your immune system and promotes healing.
- Laughter increases the number of killer cells and antibodies in your body.
- Laughter is good for the heart.
- Laughter thins blood vessels, improves circulation and acts as a vasodilator. It also lowers blood pressure.
- Laughter may help prevent type 2 diabetes. Recent research indicates that laughter may have an effect on the regulation of certain gene expressions that help control type 2 diabetes. It also decreases food cravings by giving the same stimulation as eating 2000 chocolate bars!
- Laughter alleviates bronchitis and asthma.
- Laughter is an intense aerobic workout.
- Laughter is a stress buster!
- Laughter provides a playful pathway to physical and emotional health relief/release.
- Laughter is a natural pain killer. Endorphins; the body’s natural painkiller are released when you laugh. The more you laugh, the better you feel.
- Laughter is internal jogging.
- Laughter relieves depression, anxiety and addictions.
- Laughter increases the production of feel-good neurotransmitters; the happy hormone in the brain.
- Laughter is a natural high.
- Laughter lifts your spirits and soothes your soul.
Just remember, it is not what life gives you, but how you respond to it that makes all the difference