Nearly half the moms in the America would rather be thinner than have smarter kids!
In a new study, 45% of the 26,000 mothers surveyed said they would choose to weigh 15 pounds less rather than add 15 points to their child’s IQ.
The study, called “Mom Confessions,” encouraged moms to be totally honest, and divulge their deepest darkest parenting secrets.
According to TODAY Moms senior editor Rebecca Dube, “The revelations we uncovered in our survey should put a stake through the heart of the myth of the perfect mother. Moms everywhere are overwhelmed and they often feel like they’re the only ones — but our findings show that they’re not; everyone shares the same challenges. Whatever your mom confession is, someone out there is in the same boat — and talking about it makes moms feel a lot better!”
Some more shocking statistics:
– Nearly one in five moms admits medicating their child to get through a special event like a plane flight; one in 12 does it just to get some peace and quiet on a regular night.
– Half have knowingly sent a sick kid to daycare or school.
– 85 percent use their kids to get out of social obligations.
– Nearly 1 in 3 uses work as an excuse to avoid taking care of the kids.
– 1 in 4 fears their partner is a better parent than they are.
– 1 in 10 wishes their child was the opposite sex – and of those moms, 60 percent have boys.
And last but not least – nearly 1 in 5 moms confessed to medicating their child to calm him or her down before a big trip. (We know someone else who does that!)
What do you think? Would you lose the weight or give your kid the extra brain power? Share your thoughts in the comments below.