We are keeping with our Slim and Trim recipe theme as we move forward in the new year.
Most people think that eating healthier is going to be bland and boring, but that’s just not true! Let Joy and I help you. We will do the creative thinking, and you just sit back and enjoy.
Let’s talk about eggs and avocados. Why you ask? Because we love both!
Each are perfect on their own – but they are a super food duo when served together. Half an avocado is about 160 calories with 15 grams of heart-healthy unsaturated fat and contains more potassium than a banana. And the incredible edible egg really is quite incredible because it is a perfect protein choice.
When these two come together, you get a great balance of fat and protein plus a delicious flavor. We decided to bake an egg inside half an avocado and then sprinkle with some sea salt, cracked black pepper and fresh herbs.
This is the perfect recipe for a quick snack, an appetizer or even a light lunch when hosting a get-together with friends. Paired with an ice cold glass of chardonnay or a tea infused cocktail, it just doesn’t get any better than this. Ohhhhh our mouths are watering just thinking about it!
Avocado Baked Eggs
- Avocado, cut in half and pit removed
- 1 egg per avocado half
- Sea salt
- Cracked black peppe
- Drizzle of lemon-infused olive oil, optional
- Herbs for garnish (optional): basil, chives, dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Scoop enough avocado out to make room for one egg. Crack the egg into the avocado and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15- 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked to the degree of your liking.
Tip: check it a bit early and watch carefully the last few
minutes. Sprinkle with fresh herbs of choice and a drizzle of olive oil. YUM!