If you’re like us, you’re always looking for easy energy-boosting veggie recipes that everyone in the family will love.
Our minds are in complete veggie mode – we look at different recipes for inspiration and explore ways to make them delicious and healthy.
The other day, our friend told us about these delicious zucchini bites that she had seen online. Apparently, her kids devoured them and she was beyond thrilled that she got her kids to eat zucchini!
These tots are baked, not fried, and they’re made with zucchini, not potatoes, and they’re light and delicious.
They won’t weigh you down so they’ll keep your energy level high. They’re genius! And they are so good, we had to share them with you, even though our book is not yet released!
Zucchini Tots Recipe
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray. Set that aside.
2. Grate zucchini, and then place in a dish towel and squeeze out the excess water, to ensure crispiness.
3. Combine egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
4. Fill each muffin cup and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.
Yields 2 servings
Curious just how good these are for you? We were too, so we did a nutritional analysis of the recipe and supplied that below.
Note: if you want to cut the calories further than you see below, use a little less parmesan. We tried it, and they were fabulous!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Serving Size 6 tots. Calories 114. Total Fat 3g. Cholesterol 11mg. Sodium 321mg. Total Carbohydrate 15g. Dietary Fiber 2g. Sugars 3g. Protein 7g. Vitamin A 22%. Vitamin C 9%. Calcium 18%. Iron 6%.
Adapted from: http://curiouscountrycook.blogspot.com