Here is a recipe for a salad that just says yummy to me.
It’s one of those salads that my kids aren’t really asking to share with me, my husband thinks is too healthy… but when I’ve invited a girlfriend over to my house for lunch, I’m proud to serve it next a piece of grilled chicken that I’ve marinated in garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh rosemary and olive oil. I hope I’m inspiring you for lunch today!
The ingredients are easily accessible. It’s healthy. It’s low fat. It’s full of flavor and it screams made just for me all over it… and sometimes, that’s a good thing.
Very Special Mommy Salad
- 1 Can Hearts of Palm Drained and Sliced
- 1 Can Cannelini Beans or White Beans Drained & Rinsed
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Onion Finely Diced
- 2 Tbs. Freshly Chopped Dill
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1-2 Tbs. Good Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3. Here goes:
1. In a bowl combine all the ingredients.
2. Put in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
3. Voila – the ultimate side salad!