It’s certainly a season of endings and new beginnings for Shenae Grimes!
The 23-year-old actress revealed on Friday that she and fiancé Josh Beech were married… just three days before the finale of her CW series 90210.
“I now pronounce us Mr. and Mrs. Beech! Ahhh!” she tweeted, sharing a wedding photo of the pair kissing. “Huge day,” the groom tweeted hours before.
The ceremony took place outside of London at a countryside manor.
Beech, a British model and musician, had previously told Us Weekly the couple wanted an intimate venue. “It’ll be small — close friends and family,” he said.
To celebrate the news, here are five fun facts about Shenae Grimes:
1. She got her start on the popular Canadian teen drama series – Degrassi: The Next Generation. Grimes played Darcy Edwards, a devout Christian who is gradually shown to have a wild side.
2. One of her biggest role models: Natalie Portman. “She is my inspiration, the way her career has gone,” she said in an interview. “It’s just been so amazing, and the fact that she went to Harvard University is just beyond me. Having a very versatile career is really important to keep yourself from being typecast in a certain role, and I think she’s done that phenomenally. She’s done roles of all different types, and that’s what I’d love to do, just have a broad spectrum of characters behind me.”
3. She’s a sweet big sister. Last year, Grimes shared photos of her baby sis Maya on her blog with the caption, “She’s already the funniest, most beautiful girl I know… And she’s only two and a half!”
4. Grimes took a six-week internship at Teen Vogue in 2011. The fashionista has said that working for a fashion magazine has always been one of her dreams.
5. She loves French fries! “I’m a sucker for fries,” she told Ok Magazine. “It’s definitely one of my biggest vices. My biggest savory vice for sure. Aside from that, I’m a big pastry and chocolate lover, but French fries and sweet potato fries really do it for me.”