Here’s a great recipe if you love pizza but you are trying to cut refined carbs out of your diet.
I LOVE these portobello mushroom “pizzas.”
- 4 whole portobello mushroom caps about 5 inches each (remove the stem)
- 1/2 cup low fat marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup lean turkey Italian sausage, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons shredded fat free or low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese (I like the fresh kind)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Clean the mushrooms well, making sure there isn’t any dirt left. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet, gill side up. Spoon sauce over each mushroom. sprinkle each with sausage and cheeses.
Place in oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. garnish with basil.
Each pizza has 97 calories, 7 carbs, and 3 grams of fat.