Several months after their initial recall announcement, Swedish furniture giant IKEA has expanded and re-issued its recall of the hanging children’s lamps that were involved in the choking death of a toddler.
Description: The lamps were sold in a variety of colors, shapes and styles including a star, flower, heart, bug, seashell, car and more. The wall-mounted lamps have a cord about 7 to 8 feet long with either a switch on the cord or a switch located on the lamp.
The complete list of model and article numbers are available here.
For those who are concerned they may have one of the affected products, the model name is printed on a label on the inside back of the lamp
near the light bulb. The article number is printed on the lamp’s
The plastic wall-mounted children’s lamps measure about 11 inches
high by 11 inches wide. They have a 7 ft. long electrical cord with an
in-line switch and take a 25-watt light bulb.
Where it was sold: The lamps were sold exclusively at IKEA stores nationwide, in IKEA’s catalog and
online at ikea-usa.com from May 1984 to April 2014 for between $5 and $30.
lamp and cord are out of reach of children, they should contact IKEA customer
service to receive a repair kit free of charge.