How do you teach your children healthy habits? It’s a challenge that every parent faces. The best way to encourage a healthy lifestyle is by setting a good example – but it’s also good to talk to your kids about making good choices.
Here are 10 pieces of mom wisdom that every little one should hear:
1. Brush your teeth twice a day (and don’t forget to floss) in order to keep your smile strong.
2. Eat the rainbow – load your plate up with brightly colored fruits and veggies.
3. Make sure you drink enough water every day. Stash a water bottle in your bag so you can stay hydrated on-the-go
4. Keep your soul healthy and remember, if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Spread positive thoughts and words!
5. Wear sunscreen every day – even if it’s foggy! Your skin will thank you.
6. Turn off the television, power down that iPad and go play outside. Fresh air and exercise keep young bodies fit and active.
7. Start the morning off right with a protein-packed breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day!
8. Don’t skip the shut-eye. A good night’s sleep gives your body the chance to recharge, helping you face each new day rested and alert.
9. Take a multi-vitamin to make sure you’re getting the nutrients and supplements to grow healthy and strong.
10. Think before you act and protect your brain! Always wear a helmet when you ride a bike, scooter, skateboard or roller skates.