I will admit that I no longer have a Warehouse Club membership. For me personally, I found myself buying too many items I really did not need. But I know many of you love your memberships and visit the stores quite often. So, have you ever wondered which items you should absolutely buy at the Warehouse stores to ensure you are getting a great deal. Here are a few:
- Pantry staples, like milk, eggs, butter and cheese. Why? Because they’re at least 10 to 20% less than supermarket prices and you normally won’t find a coupon for milk, so you know you are getting a better deal.
- Wine, beer, and liquor. Why? It’s discounted about 20%. And the buyers search out the tastiest vintages at the very best prices. So, you’re getting real quality at a discount.
- Generic drugs. They’re up to 50% less than at other pharmacies, because Costco only marks up 3% above cost. And you don’t need a membership to buy prescriptions. Why? Because it’s the law!
- Rotisserie chickens. They tend to be big, cooked fresh, and cost about $1.50 a pound. And if they’re not sold within 2 hours, they’re pulled off the shelf, and made into other items, like chicken pot pies.
- Unleaded gasoline. Costco sells so much gasoline, that when the price drops nationally, the savings show up at their pumps first. But be careful – it also means the price will go up there first!
I hope this list helps you to get the most for your money.