The following recipe was originally published on . Visit the website for more great ideas and cooking tips!
Just a little slice or two, a glass of water or some tea, and a piece of fresh fruit. Can you say PERFECT MEAL?
Clean. Pure. Whole. Easy. DELICIOUS.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 baby Portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped in quarter sized pieces
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved (this is a great way to use up tomatos that are beginning to wilt)
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppr
For egg mixture
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of precooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta
The possibilities are limitless with this dish. Just like an omelette or quiche, you can add sausage, arugula, other herbs, other greens. You could do it with leftover roasted root vegetables or potatoes. You could use any cheese – from cheddar, to goat cheese, to Parmesan. Whatever your heart desires (or whatever is in your fridge) will work. Allow yourself the freedom (and fun!) to get creative.
So there. I’m back. And… I hope you’re inspired. (Because that’s why I’m here, you know? I’m here because I want you to know: YOU CAN DO IT.)
For step by step photos of this recipe, visit www.rebelgrain.com