When it comes to the holiday season. If you can maintain your weight from now until January 2nd 2010, then you have what it takes to lose weight and maintain your weight for the rest of the year.
So can you do it?
Weigh yourself now or tomorrow morning when you wake up. Make a note of it. We will continue revisiting this topic throughout the season.
Here are some tips for success:
1) Pick 2 events between now and January 2nd that you will allow yourself to let loose at this season. Keep those 2 in mind when you are at the other functions.
2) Watch what you eat-try to stick to veggie oriented appetizers and wine or champagne over liquor drinks.
3) Pay attention to your servings in both the food and drink department. Try to be satisfied but not too excessive.
4) Write down or keep track of what you are doing every day in the area of fitness and indulging. Make a note on days where you splurge a little and keep track of how many there are.
5) Keep consistent with your exercise wherever you are. You can always go walking, jogging, find a class, or a gym to use even if you are away from home. If you make it a part of your planning it will happen and you will be much happier for it. You can do as little as 30 min or as much as 90 minutes, 3-5 days a week. Another option is my M-TRAIN fitness app for the iPhone or iPod touch. It has 5 full body workouts that you can do anywhere. They burn a lot of calories. You can pause them and resume them. They vary in length and you can listen to your own music inside the app. The only equipment that you need is a small towel or shirt. Go to www.m-train.com for more information or to buy the app for $1.99.
If you do these 5 things consistently anytime throughout the year you’re going to feel fitter, sexier, and happier then if you didn’t. Why not try it out this Holiday season?
Your first challenge is to get started and your next one is to stay motivated. Be open to trying different activities, parts of the gym, classes, etc… in order to keep from burning out or getting bored. Changing things up also gets you the fastest results. I’ll check in later to see how you are doing.
Good Luck! We are all in this one together!