Sure, it’s cold outside now, but summer will be here before you now it – and that means tank tops, T-shirts, dresses and swimsuits!
To help you get in shape for the season, Brooke Burke and her trainer, fitness expert Greg Joujon-Roche, have shared some great exercises with hand weights to tone and tighten your upper body.
These three simple and effective work-out moves are perfect for moms who want to show off some killer arms and shoulders!
1. Spread your legs and squat slightly, keeping your core engaged.
2. Extend your arms out and up, then bring back in. Make sure not to flex your neck.
3. Squeeze your stomach and repeat – do three sets of 10 reps each.
1. With your legs together, squat and bend forward – engaging your belly.
2. With arms bent at the elbow, bring them up and back so that your upper arms are parallel to the ground. Make sure the backs of your hands are facing straight ahead.
3. Squeeze and straighten out your arms so that they are extended behind you. Your upper arms should stay stationary. Slowly return to bent position.
3. Do three sets of 10 reps each.
1. Start feet together, standing straight up.
2. Curl your arms up, bending at the elbow and lifting the weight straight up in front of you.
3. Bring your arms back down in a slow and controlled motion.
4. Turn your arms out to the side, and curl up again to the side, lifting the weights so they are next to your shoulders.
4. Do three sets of 10 reps on each side.
Want to watch Brooke and Greg take you through each exercise and get extra tips and tricks? Check out the video below – and be sure to take a look at all the other great exercises on the ModernMom YouTube Channel.
Like this workout? Check out our OMB! section for more fitness tips and healthy recipes that will have you saying “Oh My Bod!”