-Steven Lake and Kristin Confer are the PhDs of hair. They bring over 30 years of experience, education, and teaching to the hair industry. Their passion and insight set this Perfect Hair Duo up for success in creating, recreating, and sharing their vision and creativity behind the chair and on set.
Week 3: How to get Brooke Burke’s DWTS glam look from THIS week’s show!
Every week on Dancing with the Stars, Brooke Burke goes from “Mom” to “Glam!” Here are some tips to help our modern moms recreate these looks at home:
Sleek Side Pony
1. On towel dried hair, apply a smoothing product (Brazilian Blowout Acai Protective Thermal Straightening Balm) beginning with ends and ending midway.
2. Using a paddle brush, blowdry your hair completely.
3. Flat iron your hair from front to back, making sure all of the ends are super straight.
4. Lightly spray your hair with a brushable finishing spray (Elnette).
5. Using a Mason Pearson brush direct all of the hair over to one side, securing at the bottom side base with a snag free band (Blax), creating a low side pony.
6. Lightly smooth over the ends of the pony with a light hair oil (Pequi Oil).
To hide the band, take a small piece of the pony tail and wrap it around the base of the pony and secure at the with a small bobby pin.
Be sure the base of the pony is not visible from the front (too far to one side).
For coarser hair, use a higher flat iron heat setting…you shouldn’t need to go above 400!
Want a sneak peek behind the scenes? Check out the photos below:
Carson Kressley and Brooke having a little fun at work.
Marylin Lee applying final touches to Brooke.