Rev Up Snack Time with Fruit and Veggie Cars
Who says you can't play with your food?
Do you have a little boy who's obsessed with toy cars and racetracks? Give your kids a special treat with these fun ideas for lunch or snack.
They'll love the cool car-themed surprise, and moms will love watching their kids gobble up healthy fruits and veggies!
- 1 mango
- 1 strawberry
- 1 lemon, lime or orange
- 2 raisins
- 2 almonds
- 1 toothpick
- 1 set wooden chopsticks that come with take-out food
1. Cut a square “compartment” on the thin side of the mango.
2. Break a toothpick in half, and attach the raisins as “arms” to the strawberry. Place the strawberry in the compartment, and place the almonds below it as “feet.”
3. Cut the lemon, lime, or orange into thick round slices. Break the chopsticks into two pieces, each approximately 2 ½ inches long. Stick each end of the chopstick pieces into the center of two of the citrus fruit slices, so that you have two sets of “wheels.”
4. Gently set the “car body” on top of the “wheels.”
- 1 cucumber, regular or Kirby
- 1 cherry tomato
- 1 pitted black olive
- Pretzel sticks
1. Cut the ends off of the cucumber to desired car length. Cut a square “compartment” into the side.
2. Cut the remainder of the cucumber into 4 thick slices.
3. Place the cherry tomato in the compartment. This is the “driver.” Cut the olive in half and place it on the cherry tomato as a “helmet.”
4. Stick two cucumber slices on the ends of two toothpicks so that you have two sets of “wheels.”
5. Gently set the “car body” on top of the “wheels.” Arrange the pretzel sticks around the “car” to form a “road.
Too Old for Training Wheels!
Nice Things You Say That Really Annoy Me
Awkward First Playdates
The World's Toughest Moms Raise the World's Toughest Kids
5 Scary Birth Control Side Effects You Shouldn't Ignore
New Puppy Parent Anxiety
Brooke Burke-Charvet: Dancing Out Of The Ballroom - DWTS
20 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Had Kids
The Terrible "Kid Food" Advice I Still Regret Taking
5 Beautiful DIY Projects Made From Boring Household Items
Mr. Peabody & Sherman: Meet Your New Favorite Movie Dog Dad
Almost-Instant Chicken Fajitas
How To Do Yoga With Your Kids
How Much Time Do You Spend On Your (Facebook) Appearance?
New Tra-Dish: Easy Awesome Meat Sauce
Don't Ask Me, "So, When Are You Having Kids?"