Rev Up Snack Time with Fruit and Veggie Cars
Who says you can't play with your food?
Do you have a little boy who's obsessed with toy cars and racetracks? Give your kids a special treat with these fun ideas for lunch or snack.
They'll love the cool car-themed surprise, and moms will love watching their kids gobble up healthy fruits and veggies!
- 1 mango
- 1 strawberry
- 1 lemon, lime or orange
- 2 raisins
- 2 almonds
- 1 toothpick
- 1 set wooden chopsticks that come with take-out food
1. Cut a square “compartment” on the thin side of the mango.
2. Break a toothpick in half, and attach the raisins as “arms” to the strawberry. Place the strawberry in the compartment, and place the almonds below it as “feet.”
3. Cut the lemon, lime, or orange into thick round slices. Break the chopsticks into two pieces, each approximately 2 ½ inches long. Stick each end of the chopstick pieces into the center of two of the citrus fruit slices, so that you have two sets of “wheels.”
4. Gently set the “car body” on top of the “wheels.”
- 1 cucumber, regular or Kirby
- 1 cherry tomato
- 1 pitted black olive
- Pretzel sticks
1. Cut the ends off of the cucumber to desired car length. Cut a square “compartment” into the side.
2. Cut the remainder of the cucumber into 4 thick slices.
3. Place the cherry tomato in the compartment. This is the “driver.” Cut the olive in half and place it on the cherry tomato as a “helmet.”
4. Stick two cucumber slices on the ends of two toothpicks so that you have two sets of “wheels.”
5. Gently set the “car body” on top of the “wheels.” Arrange the pretzel sticks around the “car” to form a “road.
What Wedding Season Means When You're A Parent
Mini Pizza Roll-Ups
A Letter To My Son, About Being A Little Brother
The Last Thing You Want To Hear At 1 AM
New Tra-Dish: Mini Pizza Pot Pies
Would Your Child Pass This Simple Self-Control Test?
DIY Thursday: Canvas Block Print Storage Bins
What Every Breastfeeding Mom Should Know
The Small Things That Mean The Most...
5 Things Parents of Preemies Should Know
Spicy Quinoa Chickpea Patties (Quinoa Falafel)
How Young is Too Young for Facebook?
10 Spring Loves And A New Spring Coffee Blend From Starbucks You'll Love Too!
Mommy Moments: It's All About the Little Things
5 Fun Family Earth Day Activities
11 Tips For Stay-At-Home Moms Who Want To Go Back To Work