Rev Up Snack Time with Fruit and Veggie Cars
Who says you can't play with your food?
Do you have a little boy who's obsessed with toy cars and racetracks? Give your kids a special treat with these fun ideas for lunch or snack.
They'll love the cool car-themed surprise, and moms will love watching their kids gobble up healthy fruits and veggies!
- 1 mango
- 1 strawberry
- 1 lemon, lime or orange
- 2 raisins
- 2 almonds
- 1 toothpick
- 1 set wooden chopsticks that come with take-out food
1. Cut a square “compartment” on the thin side of the mango.
2. Break a toothpick in half, and attach the raisins as “arms” to the strawberry. Place the strawberry in the compartment, and place the almonds below it as “feet.”
3. Cut the lemon, lime, or orange into thick round slices. Break the chopsticks into two pieces, each approximately 2 ½ inches long. Stick each end of the chopstick pieces into the center of two of the citrus fruit slices, so that you have two sets of “wheels.”
4. Gently set the “car body” on top of the “wheels.”
- 1 cucumber, regular or Kirby
- 1 cherry tomato
- 1 pitted black olive
- Pretzel sticks
1. Cut the ends off of the cucumber to desired car length. Cut a square “compartment” into the side.
2. Cut the remainder of the cucumber into 4 thick slices.
3. Place the cherry tomato in the compartment. This is the “driver.” Cut the olive in half and place it on the cherry tomato as a “helmet.”
4. Stick two cucumber slices on the ends of two toothpicks so that you have two sets of “wheels.”
5. Gently set the “car body” on top of the “wheels.” Arrange the pretzel sticks around the “car” to form a “road.
Start Daydreaming - It's Good for You
Can’t We Be Girl Scouts and Barbies?
Easy Vegan Chocolate Glaze for Brownies & Desserts
Guardians of the Galaxy - It's a Must-See!
Dealing with Insomnia During Pregnancy
How To Calm Young Children While Traveling On An Airplane
"8 Glasses of Water Per Day" is a Myth
Top Ten 'Creative Practicing' Tips for Kids!
Empower Your Kids Through Creative Cleaning
The Power of a Simple Smile
The Two-Letter Word Every Mom Should Learn to Say
Guided Meditation: Clear Away the Excess in Life
Getting The Stink Eye in Restaurants
How to Raise Independent Kids
How to Cope With Your Kid's Jet Lag
Late Summer Citrus Cake