Steven Lake and Kristin Confer are the PhDs of hair. They bring over 30 years of experience, education, and teaching to the hair industry.
Their passion and insight set this Perfect Hair Duo up for success in creating, recreating, and sharing their vision and creativity behind the chair and on set.
Week 8: How to get Brooke Burke’s DWTS glam look from THIS week’s show!
Every week on Dancing with the Stars, Brooke Burke goes from “Mom” to “Glam!”
We’ve got some tips to help our modern moms recreate these looks at home.
Vogue Fish Tail Braid
1. On towel dried hair, apply a texture spray from roots to ends. Blowdry hair completely.
2. Pull hair over to desired side of braid, keeping it low on the head. Separate the hair into two sections.
3. Take a small section from underneath Section 1. Wrap over Section 1 and add it to Section 2.
4. Next, take a small section from underneath Section 2. Wrap over Section 2 and add it to Section 1.
5. Continue this rhythm, ending a few inches from your hair length.
6. Secure the braid using a snag free band, preferably matte.
7. Lightly pull apart braid, widening and flattening.
8. Secure any fallen layers or pieces in the back of head with bobby pins.
- Apply texture spray to the completed look for a messier look.
- Always be working with two sections of hair (unlike traditional braids with 3 sections).
**Stay tuned for our step by step video coming soon!
Sexy Relaxed Waves
1. On towel dried hair, apply a volumizing spray or gel to the roots. Use a curl activating cream on the ends.
2. Blowdry your hair completely.
3. Working with your natural part, use a 1 ¼ “ barrel curling iron, take large square sections all around the head, keeping curl below the eye line.
4. Lightly spray your hair with a brushable finishing spray and let cool.
5. Flip your hair over, give a light spray and a good shake.
6. Finish with a light spray shine or hairspray.
- Hair should wrap around the barrel at least 1 to 1 ½ times.
- Avoid curling too close to the scalp or roots, to give a more current look.
PhD wants to know, “What is YOUR favorite look so far of the season?”