In today’s fast paced, highly stimulating world it can be challenging to find the time to stay active. Don’t feel like you’re alone. Being short on time for physical activity is the #1 challenge for almost every mother. However, with a few easy and creative tips, you can add physical activity into your daily lifestyle and be you on your way to getting fit in no time.
• Make Working Out Fun: Loathe the thought of endless running on a treadmill at the gym? The best way to stay motivated with your workouts is to get involved in activities that are engaging and fun. The new exercise video game Your Shape Fitness Evolved for the Microsoft Xbox Kinect is a great way to get in shape in the comfort of your own home. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved offers a variety of exercises, such as virtual smash, martial arts and yoga, plus regular downloadable routines, so you will never get bored of doing the same exercises. All workouts were created by real fitness experts like myself. A favorite workout that I developed is cardio kickboxing, an intense routine that really gets your heart-rate up.
• Think Small and Simple: Struggling to find an hour during the day to work out? Incorporate five or six 10-minute bouts of exercise throughout the day. Try getting up 10 minutes earlier than normal to do a series of stretches or Yoga postures to limber up. Take a brisk walk at lunch and use the stairs rather than the elevator. Later in the day, spend 10 minutes lunge walking and add in a few knee bends. Before dinner time, take another 10 minutes to do a light abdominal, thigh and glute routine followed by some light stretching.
• Excuse-Proof Your Workout: We all know how easy it is to make excuses, especially when it comes to working out. Make your health a priority by making a list of all of the possible excuses you are likely to encounter and come up with counteractive solutions. Too busy? Make a commitment to working out every day by scheduling your workouts in your calendar. When the reminder pops up, get into your workout gear and get active. Afflicted with injury too easily? Buy good sneakers. Many sports stores will analyze the type of foot you have and thus, the type of shoe you need.
• Callisthenic Companions: Catch up with a friend and on your fitness routine by working out with a buddy. Combine two activities to save time throughout the day. Not only that, a work out partner will push you to complete your training with maximum intensity, especially if you have a competitive side.
• Reward Yourself: Meeting your fitness goals will be a gradual process, so don’t be discouraged when you only notice small changes. Pick a treat to stay on track. Reward yourself for each week you stick to your plan, whether it be purchasing a new pair of shoes you have been eyeing up or treating yourself to a pedicure.