What productive things can I do with the 10 extra minutes I have each day, twice a day waiting in the car pool line?
Here are a few simple things you can do to be productive during those down times each day (almost 2 hours a week!):
1. Clear out your voice mail boxes
2. Return one important phone call
3. Set up appointments (e.g. doctor, dentist)
4. Keep photos and albums in your car and put 20 pictures in a photo album. In no time, all of your photos will be organized
5. Bring a trash bag and clean up the car
6. Bring the mail and magazines with you. Sort items in 3 piles: (1) ) things to read, (2) things that need attention like bills, and (3) things to toss. Just getting rid of the junk should cut the pile in half and make it easier to deal with the rest.
7. Look at the next 7 days Take out your calendar and actually look at the next week and take a moment to plan. Are there birthday gifts you need to buy? Sitters you need to hire? How nice would it be to get these things done ahead of time so you do not have to run around at the last minute?